Code Hangar is a software development company that specializes in rapid minimum viable app development for growth stage tech startups. By applying lean methodologies to software design and development, Code Hangar provides to startups a consistent pipeline for releasing beautiful, intuitive, value-creating software early and often.
Code Hangar is a fully distributed company based in Orlando, Florida and has established lasting relationships with top tech startups and entrepreneurs in the City Beautiful.
Our primary services include user interface and user experience Design based on Google's Material Design System, front-end development using React.js & React Native, and back-end development using Node.js, Express.js, Postgres.
contract. We always start new hires on contract, but ideally this would lead to a sustained relationship.
If hired, your primary focus will be to develop front-end software and UI components based on best practices with
maintain. You will coordinate with project lead, designer, and back-end developer to deliver products that exceed
expectations. Ideal candidates demonstrate a commitment to collaborative problem solving, maintainable code, and
exceptional quality of service.
- Develop new web & mobile application components using React, Redux (and React Native)
- Translate requirements into high-quality code and exceptional UI/UX presentations
- Propose new approaches, tools and technologies to improve the development process and customer
- Collaborate with client, project lead, and designer to deliver all technical requirements for
client applications in a timely fashion
- Participate in regular review & planning meetings
- Communicate proactively with team members
- Use team collaboration and time tracking tools
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Knowledge of best practices for application state management, including an understanding of
state updates using the Redux library
- Familiarity with functional programming concepts
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with JS-based styling (like styled-components), but also be comfortable applying
styles with raw CSS or SCSS, if needed.
- Familiarity with basic React performance concerns, able to utilize React Dev Tools to improve
performance, with an understanding of when not to prematurely optimize
- Solid experience in implementing user interfaces based on design specifications
- Keep up-to-date with the latest React/JS/Web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience with responsive web design and development
- Be open to continual improvement
Suggested Software Proficiency
- Node.js and Webpack
- Google Apps
- Experience working with React Native (especially embedded React Native, with existing iOS and
- Practical experience in an Agile environment, ideally with Scrum
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment
- Familiarity with back-end development
- Understanding of rules, guidelines, and design principles of given popular UI kits and their
- Flexible, remote work
- Coworking space/home office stipend
- Design and Development course stipend
- A growing company with lots of opportunities for job growth
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum development team
- Experience working in a remote environment with team members in different time zones
- Experience building MVP web applications from scratch
- Experience working on React/Redux/React Native applications
$4,000-5,000 per month contract to start, commensurate with experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability